MASON TO ANIMATION

Hi everybody and welcome to Courtney Mason Illustration!

Illustration

My goal is to translate written and verbal ideas into visual imagery that is colorful, compelling, and clearly communicate the objectives of the client. I pride myself on my versatility and am confident in my abilities to tackle any challenge both effectively and efficiently. I am open to creative opportunities in a variety of markets such as but not limited to Graphic Design, Advertising, Editorial, Book Publishing, and especially Post Production for Entertainment.

Animation

My "dream job" is to someday have a career within the animation industry. The holy trio or trifecta of skills will be in character design, storyboarding, and character animation. I have experience in experimental animation, stop motion, claymation, 2D and 3D animation using Autodesk Maya, Photoshop, and Final Cut Pro. In 2011, I received a grant from the Women's Education and Leadership Fund to conduct a study of animation through research and practical application. I learned the fundamentals and foundations of 3D animation through the Ianimate Advanced Character Animation Program and I am continuing my education through Animation Mentor School for Character Animation online starting this upcoming fall 2012.

Innovation

I am very much a team player, but also a self starter and driven towards success. Since I was a child, I was an entrepreneur, a quality I believe I enherited from my father. This sense of leadership and drive has always helped me optimize every opportunity and has given me confidence in the value of my ideas. While I am very dedicated to clients needs before my own needs, I always feel like I have something to learn and something to give.



Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Fun facts about being 23

My birthday was yesturday, and so far these are fun facts I have learned about the magical age that is 23. 

-It is remarkably like 22.  But less cute-sounding.
-People expect you to have matured by now and yet I still snort when I laugh sometimes (oops!)
-Acceptance of social practices such as getting up, going to work, and working out is key.  Apparently if you do anything less, you are NOT a blue blooded American.
-A new appreciation for mundane things that always enthuse adults...such as discount laundry detergent. And vice gripped clothes hangers.  Simple joys of life.
-Memory has started to go.  Thus post its are my new savior!
- Money is now more important than before.
-Hyper awareness my friends getting hitched and making babies

more to come. as it comes. so far it has only been one day!

I realize...this has nothing to do with art.

but you must realize, it has everything to do with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment